I always am asking myself the question: Should I get a hardback or paperback version of a book? This is the reason I have half hardback and half paperbacks on my shelf. And partially because paperback are so much more expensive than paperbacks so I have a bit more paperbacks than I do hardbacks.
Lets compare the pros and cons, shall we?
- Cheaper Than Hardbacks
- Easier To Travel With
- Easier To Read With (Easier To Bend, Hold, Carry, etc.)
- Waaaay Easier To Damage the Spine, Cover, Pages, etc.
- Doesn’t Looks As Great On The Shelf (Don’t get me wrong, I LOOOVE paperbacks on my shelf just as much as hardbacks also but sometimes hardbacks have super pretty dustjackets!)
- Better Looking On YourShelf
- Less Likely To Damage The Spines
- The Surprises On The Actual Book Under The Dustjackets (I LOVEEEE THIS!)
- Waaaay More Expensive Than Paperback
- Paper Cover Can Rip
- Less Portable Than APaperback Book
- Heavier Than A Paperback
- Less Comfortable To Read With The Dustjacket Coming Off
Overall, I think I like paperbacks more than hardcovers but I loooove hardcovers also so this is a super hard choice aha!
What do you prefer? Hardbacks or paperbacks? Leave your answer in the comments!